::MICHAEL CASTRO RESUME::
I am a May 2008 graduate from Quinnipiac University in Hamden, CT with a Degree in Media Production and a Minor in Theatre. I have five years experience writing screenplays on Final Draft, and have studied the craft in my time at Quinnipiac. I have also practiced analyzing scripts for coverage on my own as well as for class. I have had five years experience working with Final Cut Pro and Pro Tools, and four years experience working with After Effects and Photoshop.
For a sample of my video editing work please visit http://mcastroresume.synthasite.com/video-editing-samples.php. I find that I have a keen eye for detail and will not finish an editing project until the final product is as clean as possible.
I see myself as a creative worker who is always trying to find a new way to approach a problem, and I've noticed that I do my best work under pressure. My availability is wide open and I would be very happy to work on any project opportunities/job positions available. I’ve posted my resume below for your review.
Cell: (914) 874-3003
A highly motivated professional with an affinity for post-production techniques and writing seeks to combine a creative nature with a bottom line driven media production knowledge.
Media Production Experience
Adobe Premier Microsoft Excel
DVD Studio Pro Microsoft Power Point
Final Cut Pro Microsoft Word Flash Microsoft Outlook Highly Effective Writer Photoshop Illustrator Pro Tools
Internet Explorer Screenwriting/Coverage experience Leadership skills Telecommunication skills Marketing Video/Audio Editing
Atypical Pictures 7/09-Present,
107.1 "The Peak" is owned by Pamal Broadcasting. It plays diverse, non-traditional rock music serving the greater northern
· Learned marketing tactics in promoting a high profile radio station.
Quinnipiac University Polling Institute 2/06-4/06* 6/07-12/07, Hamden, CT
The independent Quinnipiac University Poll regularly surveys residents locally and nationally about political topics in the news. The Quinnipiac Polls are often cited by journalists, public officials and researchers. Responsible for conducting valid surveys at random for the Quinnipiac Polling Institute. Acted as a liaison between the Poll committee and voters by answering all voter inquiries. · Developed telecommunication skills in order to appeal to the poll taker.
· Developed customer service skills by answering questions concerning the
"Descent" Robert Willgoos Productions Spring 2008
- Developed a 20 minute short film in High Definition
- Wrote and edited script
- Edited footage
- Handled sound equipment
Girls Next Door" Stage Production
- Worked control board as Technical Director, switching between video sources,
performing edits and overlaying titles by order of the director
- Worked as sound engineer, balanced audio on mixer, handled sound equipment,
prepared and played sound bytes
- Acted as cameraman for live television production
Ireland Documentary Film Production Tralee Co. Kerry, Ireland Fall 2005
- Developed an educational documentary about "The Rose of Tralee"
- Acted as Production Assistant for shoot
- Conducted research to support our findings
- Wrote content to be used for narration
- Assisted editing of interviews
- Logged the footage for capturing
- Handled sound equipment during interviews
Psi Omega National Theatre Honor Society
Spring 2008 -
Received nomination based on character and numerous contributions to University
Although not having taken part in the required number of productions, head of department made special exception for nomination -
Contributed both musical and dramatic talents to University productions -
Nominated after providing full original soundtrack to "White
Washed" which played at the Long Wharf Theatre in
Q30 Television Spring 2006-Fall 2007
- Switched video channels for live broadcasts - Wrote content for air - Balanced levels on sound board - Followed cuts and transitions instructed by director - Acted as cameraman for live broadcasts - Performed music as a daily feature on "The Morning After" television program
WQAQ 98.1FM Fall 2004-Spring 2008
- On-air Disc Jockey - Used Pro Tools to create and edit production for radio - Wrote content for air, read top of the hour sports reports.
- Administrator of content aired on "The World's Greatest Talk Show" for two years.
Bachelor of Arts in Communications, May 2008
Major: Media Production
Graduated: May 2008
Dr. Crystal Brian
Professor of Theatre
Professor Kelly Morgan
Professor of Theatre
Promotions Director of 107.1 "The Peak"
(914) 397-0127 x209
Professor Robert Willgoos
Media Production Professor